Saturday, August 14, 2010

Herriamn Traithlon 2010

The Herriman Triathlon was a great race! One of my better performances. I live in the area so I was very familiar with the course. The swim was short and fast. I ended up third out of the water in my wave. The transition was on a sandy beach which made it a little more difficult but wasn't too bad. The bike course was a little longer with a long false incline. I was in third place the entire time and could see the two guys ahead of me but could never gain any ground on them. T2 was at butterfield park in Herriman and I made it out in 2nd place to be passed by Ian Nelson who started to go the wrong way. I knew the course and yelled to him to come back. The first place guy was just a few yards ahead of us. About 2 miles into the run I got passed by Brad Gilson and he was going fast. I got to one of the turn spots and had noticed that the three guys kept running and there was no marking to turn!!! I had run the course three times but figured that they knew something I didn't so I kept running with them. Once we got to the top where I figured we would need to turn, I saw two guys running the totally wrong way... this time I yelled to everyone to stop and to come the right way. We all mutually agreed to have Ian go ahead because he had clearly beaten us and it would be the right thing to do. To my surprise Brad Gilson was in the second heat and he had beaten all of us by a good 5mins... I ended up coming in 4th overall and 1st in my age group with one of my best races. It was also my B-day so that made the day even better. My wife Courtney and Sister Kelly had also participated in the event and they both did really well. I am starting to get worried because my sister is getting closer to beating me!!!




I had my father film the event and I made a video. Enjoy!




5 comments:

Auntie Kelly said...

Happy Birthday little brother. Nice job today! Thanks Dad for the video, too bad the battery died. Enjoy the rest of this special day :)

Auntie Kelly said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that while I was running your friend Billy said HI to me. It was so funny and I couldn't stop laughing.

Leslie said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Wish I'd known earlier so I could have said something.
Hey another great video, could you email me the pic you have of the Overall Women's awards at leslie@powertri.com ? THanks!

Unknown said...

Leslie, Thanks you did a great job! I am out of town and don't have access to that photo so when I get back it will be the first thing I do.

Tri and Run Couple said...

Great video and blog! Thanks for doing it. Good luck at all your upcoming races.