|2011 Scott Plasma 10 and 2011 Felt B14|
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Sunday, September 4, 2011
8. Utah Half Ironman
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Friday, June 3, 2011
Sorry its been a few weeks just enjoying this time off mentally from blogging... Here is a quick run down of everything that has been going on.
1) St. George Tri- I took 1st in my age group and 6th overall. I also did a sponsorship with my Farmers insurance business. Nice job to everyone who participated and to my Brother and Sister who also took 1st in there age group. I really enjoy the BBSC events and Love the after race food!
(Stuffed two road bikes in the back of a Natural gas Civic. WIN!!!)
3) Free SBR TT and Emigration Hill Climb- SBR bike shop holds a free TT in Orem on Wednesday nights. Its a 6 mile flat course and tons of fun. Reynolds had set up a wheelset demo and I was able to try a disc wheel out. I can't say if it made me faster because I don't have a base time set but I was able to throw down a fast time. Emigration TT is every other Thursday at the base of the canyon. Looking back at last year I only did the TT once and from this year to last year I had a 2:27 min improvement!!! I was happy!
4) Boise Ironman 70.3- Yes, I know!!! The next day after Ironman St. George I was totally ready to do the next big race. My buddy and Amazing athlete Justin A was planning on doing Boise and I though it would be a ton of fun. Plus after signing up for it I found out that a lot more of my friends were doing it. I really can't wait because there is really no pressure I am going to race this one just for fun. I would say that I am not fully recovered from IMSG but I really don't care I am going to try to have as much fun with this one as possible. We are going to be heading up and tagging along with the famous and amazing Tri and Run Couple. These two are amazing athletes!
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
THE TAO OF TRIATHLON
1) Create a race plan and stick with your plan
2) Inevitably, things will happen that won't allow you to stick with your plan.
3) In case of #2, make believe Plan B is your plan. Stick with that one.
4) No matter how bad and irreparable things may seem, stay the course, it will all eventually get good again.
5) Every once in awhile say something encouraging to another races. It'll make both of you feel better and the sound of your voice will remind you that you're still alive.
6) Don't try anything new on race day. Unless it's got the words "chicken" and "soup" in it.
7) No matter how hard it seems, you had much harder training days.
8) Before you get to starting line, make sure you know the reason you are racing triathlon. Write it down; remember it. When things don't go as planned, this will be your source of hope. As Nietzxche's triathlete second cousin once said, "he who has a why to race a triathlon can bear with almost any how."
9) Come up with a motivating mantra. The right mantra can be your best friend."Slow is smooth, smooth is fast." "Train hard; race easy." "Be here now." Whatever it is, you'll be surprised how well a few simple words will keep you focused and on track.
10) Be here now (see, the mantra works already). Don't worry about what lies ahead. All you can affect is right here, right now. It is one stroke, one pedal, one step. And you just need to focus on doing that one thing to the absolute best of your ability and keep repeating it until they tell you to stop.
11) Figure out what you need to eat and drink months before you get to the starting line. All the training in the world will add up to a load of bull hockey if you don't pay attention to your body.
12) Don't wear yourself out in the swim. For most of us, a triathlon doesn't really begin until halfway through the run anyway. If you pace yourself well, you'll be zipping by people during those last miles while all the folks that left it on the bike course will be gasping for energy. Try not to kick them in the face as you run over--- that's just plain rude.
13) Don't worry, be happy. As Yogi Berra's triathlete neighbor's uncle once said, racing a triathlon is 90 percent mental-- the other half is physical. Maintaining a calm, positive attitude throughout the day is often the difference between a good race and a really crappy one.
14) Remind yourself regularly that you are racing a triathlon and you're darn lucky to have the ability and means to do this. Relish the experience. Enjoy the day. The miracle isn't that you will finish--- and you will. The miracle is that you had the courage to start.
read the article in the USA Triathlon magazine.
I love this video....
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Okay all you runners, triathletes, and race director's this one's for you! Go to http://www.rockymtnrunning.com/ and check out the most comprehensive race and results calendar for the Rocky Mountain states! You can plan out your entire 2011 race season by searching our calendar. Race Director's make sure your info is loaded into our calendar. Our second announcement comes tomorrow! STAY TUNED!!!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
January St. George Half Marathon and 5k 1/22/2010
Zion Country Century 2/26/2011
Dog Town 5k and 10k 2/26/2011
March LifeTime Indoor Tri 3/19/2011
Tour Del Sol 3/19/2011
Timp Tri Icebreaker 3/26/2011
Tour de St. George 4/9/2011
April Salt Lake City Marathon 4/16/2011
Spring Sprint Triathlon 4/30/2011
May St. George IRONMAN 5/7/2011
June Daybreak Tri 6/11/2011
Park City Tri 6/18/2011
Rockcliff Tri 6/25/2011
July Echo Tri 7/9/2011
Scofield Tri 7/16/2011
Herriman Tri 7/30/2011
August Mountain Tropic 8/13/2011
Jordanelle Tri 8/20/2011
2011 Sprint National Championship 8/20/2011
Desperado Dual 8/20/2011
Utah Half 8/27/2011
September Stansbury Tri 9/10/2011
Kokopelli Tri 9/17/2011
October Fall Finale 10/8/2011
SOJO Marathon 10/15/2011
Tour de St. George Fall 10/15/2011
November SHAC Fall Turkey Triathlon 11/12/2011