Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kokopelli


Kokopelli is a fertility deity, usually depicted as a humpbacked flute player (often with a huge phallus and feathers or antenna-like protrusions on his head), who has been venerated by some Native American cultures in the Southwestern United States. Like most fertility deities, Kokopelli presides over both childbirth and agriculture. He is also a trickster god and represents the spirit of music.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokopelli
Sorry for the slacking on the blog it's been crazy since the Utah Half. My wife and I got really sick and my knee has been killing me so my schedule has been way off. I am doing Kokopelli this Saturday at Sand Hollow in St. George the event is hosted by BBSC who always does a great job. I will also be volunteering at packet pickup on Friday so if you are there try to say hello to me. Does anyone know what the temperature in Sand Hollow is? I am trying to figure out if they are going to let us wear wetsuits of not.
Good luck to everyone.

No comments: