Monday, June 21, 2010

My own Century!

The other day I was really itchy to get a long ride in. I have the Utah Half coming up on August 28Th and so I planned a ride around Utah lake. I really didn't know of anyone that wanted to go so I went by myself (Not recommended). I started out on my bike from Herriman and the first thing I noticed was a little sprinkle of water on my arms and a cold breeze. I knew it was going to be interesting. After Saratoga Springs, the rain really came down but I was determined to do this ride. I kept telling myself that I need to prepare for any conditions because I will not be able to control the weather during the Ironman. After 56 miles (half way) I had made it to Santiquin and stopped at this nice Sub shop and had myself a Philly Cheese Steak. The owner was very nice and the restaurant was too. After lunch, I got lost from my original route and kind of made one up myself. In the end, it worked out great. I only needed to make one small turn around. At this point the rain was on and off once I made it to Provo. It eventually stopped and the sun came out. It was so nice to get some sun! I also started to ride with another cyclist. It helped because at this point my body was really taking a beating. I was about 83 miles into it. We parted ways around Lindon and shortly after that, I hit the wall. I was really hating my bike and just wanted to be home in a hot shower!!! But I made it! In the end, I should have tried to get someone to come with me for safety and company reasons. I was really happy about my average speed of 19.5 with no major hills.

Below is the link to the ride and the ride itself.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/36808049

No comments: